Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hopefully Dependent

I started writing this under the title “Hopelessly Dependent” but quickly realized that was epically incorrect.  The point here is that although I “know” this, I am being daily reminded in various ways that in order to know my Lord and know Him well, I am utterly dependent on His grace.  If He does not reveal Himself to me, I will never know Him.
Hopefully Dependent
I struggle with praising Him adequately.  I struggle with understanding what He says about Himself in His Word.  It seems I am in good company.  David – you know, David, the man after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22) – David writes in Psalm 25:4 – 5, asking God to reveal Himself to him.  Jesus told His men in John 16:12 that they could not bear what He had to tell them.  He then promised to send the Holy Spirit to lead them into truth, John 16:13.

Without the Lord’s intervening grace, I cannot know Him.  I want to.  It is changing my prayer life.

1 comment:

  1. What amazing grace it is that He WITH us constantly, and His grace is immediately available when I ask (and lots of times when I don't).

    So I know the "truth," but appreciating it is often another matter. I so easily tie it to how I feel. I'm slowly learning that when I drop into bed at night it's because He has answered my prayer of the morning for grace, sometimes moment by moment.

    ReplyDelete