Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Jerry Bridges

Jerry BridgesWe lost a warrior yesterday.  Jerry Bridges went home.  A few years back I was on the program with Jerry and Jim Downing at a Glen Eyrie conference.  Jerry sat in my workshop taking notes.  I was overwhelmed.  My thought was what can he possibly learn from what I share.  But there he sat with my handout.

Jerry wrote over 20 books.  Yet he was sitting in my workshop.  The lesson for me is that there is always something I can learn from another believer, no matter what I have done or think I may know.

We should all follow Jerry’s example.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, in one way we lost him, but as I was recently reminded, "something is not lost when you know where it is." How true, and we all know exactly where Jerry is. The last decades of his life were dedicated to helping us pursue holiness with grace, humility and passion. Now he has found it in it's fullness.

    You are right, Mike, he was an incredibly humble man, a true mark of holiness, and of a man who deeply loved his Savior (Philippians 2:5-8), and who understood the grace within which we all live.

    And thankfully he left those 20+ books; their truth is extensive and nearly inexhaustible. And there will be another coming out soon.

    And I was told that the last weeks of his life he was deeply challenged to pursue a deeper grasp of God's love and his own love for Him. He found that, as well.

    What joy and rejoicing in heaven!

    ReplyDelete