Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, January 15, 2016

Your Glory

Reading this morning in Ephesians when I came to 3:13 I nearly stopped and about the same time a question formed in my mind.  The passage is stunning to me because of Paul’s reference to the source of the Ephesian’s glory.  The question that formed for me was whose tribulations on my behalf are my glory.
Your Glory

Who is it that has labored in my life to hone my walk with Him?  Who has labored to make me aware that there is more?  Our glory is from the Lord but it seems to me that the Body has a major contribution.  We do not – probably better – cannot stand on our own.  We have a desperate need for each other and for those saints who went before.  Isaac Newton may have captured the thought well, “If I have seen farther than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants.”

So maybe the question is what giants have contributed to our glory.  Maybe we should thank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment