Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Source of Strength and Courage

My Warped World View
It has been mentioned in this blog previously the fact that I am not a patient person.  I tend to act first and think later.  I am not really big on long lines.  I will drive miles out of my way to avoid traffic snarls.  Action is much preferable to sitting.  For me action, using one’s resources effectively, has been strength and courage.  I have admired those who did so.
The Source of Strength and Courage
The Not So Subtle Correction
Long ago I memorized Psalm 27.  As a matter of fact Psalm 27:4 is the first verse of Scripture I ever memorized.  Sometime later I committed the entire psalm to memory.  I missed something in the process.  This afternoon I was working through the psalm again, it is familiar territory, so I was enjoying reviewing the content.  As I finished the psalm, and was about to go to the next one on my list, there was check in my spirit.  It was as if the Lord was telling me, “Look again.”  So having already turned to the next psalm, I turned back to Psalm 27.  The spotlight was on verse 14.

The Specific Correction
Wait.  Do not move, do not take action, do not figure out how to fix the problem, wait.  Wait on the Lord.  Twice that phrase in Psalm 27:14.  The phrase is like the opening and closing parentheses around “be strong and let your heart take courage.”  Strength and courage come from waiting on the Lord, not from planning how and using my strengths and abilities.

The Wait Before Me
So I need to wait.  That is not easy for me.  I am learning that I have to have the Lord’s help to wait.  I spent some time chasing down the Hebrew word group that is translated wait or hope here.  When I finish I may share what I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment