Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, January 18, 2016

Sanctuary

Meaning
What comes to mind when you hear or read the word, “sanctuary”?  Big building?  A safe place? Something else?
Sanctuary
The Sanctuary
I ran across the word in Ezekiel 11:16 a day or so ago.  The context caused me to stop and consider what was actually being said.  The Lord is describing exiling His people.  Moving them to a hostile land.  Yet in that place He was their sanctuary, their place of worship, their safe place.

Experience
In some of my travels I have been in places that are less than appreciative of Christianity.  I normally do not tell the entry officers why I am coming to their country.  If I did, most likely they would invite me to leave on the plane that brung me.

Nerves
In those situations I tend to be somewhat nervous.  Yesterday, I mentioned Proverbs 3:5 – 6.  Seeing the Lord as a sanctuary in difficult or life threatening situations is trust.  Sanctuary may not mean physical safety.  Sanctuary may be a subset of the reality that we have been chosen by Him to be with Him forever.

Challenged to Trust
I am challenged by this passage to trust.  To trust Him to be the sanctuary that He says He is.  Sanctuary by His definition, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment