Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Still Enough

Back in September I shared that I was struggling.  I was struggling with the question if I was not able to engage in the things that I thought God wanted me to do, was just knowing Him enough.
Still Enough

In the past few days some interesting things have happened that are very encouraging and, frankly, about which I am very excited.  I found myself this morning working through my thinking about what was happening.  I was concerned that my excitement was inappropriate, that somehow it was because of me that these things were coming to be…  I know better.

John 15:5 is true.  Apart from Christ we can do nothing.  Which answers my question.  He is enough.  He is all that is needed.  Everything else, every other focus, is a distraction.

1 comment:

  1. James 1:22-25

    22 "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your
    own selves."

    23 "For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto
    a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

    24 "For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was."

    25 "But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work. this man shall also be blessed in his deed."

    ReplyDelete