Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Ascension of Halloween

Out of Balance?
How does it seem to you?  It seems to me that in the past several years the “celebration” of Halloween has increased way beyond what I remember as a kid.  Things that used to be reserved for Christmas have somehow begun to be applied to Halloween.
The Ascension of Halloween
Overboard?
Instead of a few carved pumpkins on the porch, now we have inflatables, orange lights in displays that rival some Christmas displays.

Implications?
I am not sure what to make of this but it feels like it may be a reflection of our culture turning away more completely from Christ.

Then again, I may be over-reacting.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are spot on Mike, I think we as believers have veered off the path of what we were called to do. The three great commandments: Mk. 12: 30-31 and Matt. 28:19-20. Not enough room as I would like to comment here but I have always believed and still do that when "evil" raises it's ugly head (not saying the holiday is in itself evil) GOD will raise a generation of people to overcome it. If we sit still and do nothing we will have to answer for that while He uses another generation to accomplish His purposes. Either way God's will will be done... I would just like to be on the right side of that.

    ReplyDelete