Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, October 16, 2015

Boasting

Boasting
I did this once before but it bears repeating…  Next time you feel like taking credit for something or boasting about some area of your performance take a look at these passages:
Boasting
  • Jeremiah 9:23 – 24 (quoted in 1 Corinthians 1:31; 2 Corinthians 10:17)
  • 1 Corinthians 1:26 – 29; 3:18 – 21; 4:7; 
  • 2 Corinthians 12:9
  • Galatians 5:26; 6:14
  • James 4:16
Don't
So if you think about boasting, rethink.  This is as much for me as anyone who reads this.

1 comment:

  1. Yup - FAR more frequently than I can or care to realize. My best antidote is to reflect on how I have failed and offended God, and take refuge under the blood of Christ.

    ReplyDelete