Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, August 17, 2015

The Joy of Tribulation – Character

Praise in the Night
I have mentioned in the past few days that this has been a tough season.  There are essentially three or four major struggles with which we are dealing.  It is the kind of thing that creates sleeplessness.  It is good that I am in Psalm 119 during this time.  It reminds me to anticipate the night watches and fill them with praise and thanksgiving.
The Joy of Tribulation – Character
Full Stop
I was getting started in my time alone with God this morning and was trying to catch up with my reading, I didn’t.  The reason?  I was skimming through Romans to get to where I was supposed to be today and came full stop on Romans 5:3 – 5.  I have written about this passage before from a slightly different perspective.  Today, though, I was struck by the purpose of the struggles, tribulation, the Lord brings in our path.  We go through that to develop our character.

I would personally rather take a course somewhere…

Deliberate Praise
But this is His method.  It is repeated in Hebrews 12:4 – 11.  It is a good thing.  It is evidence that God loves us.  It is evidence that He is committed to our Christlikeness.  It is a source of joy.  It should be something for which we give thanks.

That is hard.  At least for me.  I want solutions.  He wants character.

No comments:

Post a Comment