Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

No Secrets

So you got away with that one…  Ever thought that?  I sure have.  Problem.  Look at Luke 12:2 – 3.
  • Nothing covered up that will not be revealed
  • Nothing hidden that will not be known
  • What is said in the dark will be heard in the light
  • What is whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops
No Secrets
Hebrews 4:13 picks up this same theme, “all things are open and laid bare…”  There are no secrets.  You will not get away with anything.

I have lived in a town of around 350,000 for 20 years.  I have been in Rotary and worked as a consultant for a number of corporations here.  It is rare that I go someplace in the city and not encounter someone I know.  We joke that you cannot get away with much in our town.  I have had people call me when they saw my kids doing things of which they knew I did not approve.  Small town.

But that is just the tip of the iceberg as it relates to these passages.  There is NOTHING that we do that is hidden from our Lord.  Psalm 139:2 tells us that He knows what we are thinking.  We know from Christ’s sermon in Matthew 5:1 – 7:29 that our thoughts in some cases are sin.

So we cannot fool ourselves that no one will know; at least two will.  Us and the Lord.  There is nothing that we do that is not known.

No Secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment