Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Pain

I have been in pain all day.  Physical not mental.  I have an infection in my face that hurts.  It has drained me.
Pain
This is not all that bad compared to what my Lord endured in His last day.  He was betrayed by all that followed Him.  He faced the mental anguish of knowing that His Father would abandon Him.  He faced the travesty of a mock trial.  He was physically scourged.  The pain was more than physical.  It was mental.  It was spiritual.

I am worn out with the pain from a little infection.

After all of that He carried the cross most of the way to His crucifixion.  Then after being nailed to the cross bar, He controlled the rest of the event.  Choosing when to give up His Spirit.

That kind of strength in the face of that level of pain is overwhelming.

Our Lord was and is a strong Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment