Today we had an announcement that took a large portion of our Sunday school time. So I went over the assignment from last week and asked people both what they had learned in the three weeks and what questions they wanted to have answered in the time we have left.
Here are some of the responses:
- How does predestination impact our prayer life?
- The idea that God has chosen people in our sphere of influence changes the way we relate to them.
- I am amazed at the level of God’s intervention in our lives.
- This has impacted my understanding of who God is.
- Since he chose me it makes me wonder about my purpose in His kingdom.
- It has forced me to view God as bigger, I tend to want to cut Him down to a size I can handle.
When we avoid the hard stuff. We are not challenging those in our community. One person said this morning that they would just be lazy and not dive into the hard stuff. They would let others deal with it. Problem is not many do.
By diving in we are forced to evaluate whether what we hold to be true is actually in the Bible. That makes a difference.