Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, April 6, 2015

Whew…

If you remember I shared that a few weeks back that my dad has been fighting cancer for the past two years and our youngest granddaughter was legally blind.  Well…
Whew…
My brother, who has been spending most of his time for the past couple of years with my dad, called this afternoon with the news that he thought my dad had experienced a stroke.  We kept the line open as I called his doctors while we waited for the ambulance to get to the house.

The paramedics determined that it was not a stroke but he needed to go to the ER for some tests.  Several hours later he was released and is fine.

In the middle of this my daughter calls to tell me that my granddaughter can see out of her left eye.  They are covering that eye with a patch so she will have to use her right eye.
The day was emotionally draining.

I just got off the phone with one of my mentors who lost his wife a couple of months ago.  He was sharing some of the things he is learning as he deals with the loss of his wife.

I am learning that life is hard.  It is hard to see one’s parent struggle, knowing that there is absolutely nothing that one can do.  I do not know the formula I can attempt to solve that will give sight to my granddaughter and comfort to my daughter and her husband.  I have no words to ease the pain of one who has lost the love of his life.

All I have is prayer.

I am not good at it.

It has to be enough.

1 comment:

  1. My only honest answer is, "Yes! Quickly." Nearly every hour of the day it's not far from my lips. But the pain goes on.

    If it weren't for one thing, it would be unbearable. Only the reality that in some mysterious way I can't comprehend, everything He does (I know He took my life-love, that is clear) points to one thing, His glory. Someday it will be clear. Until then I can only cling to the Hope (expectation) of that truth. In the mean time, she is fully experiencing that glory to the full. I that I fully rejoice!

    ReplyDelete