Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, April 20, 2015

Proud and Grateful

It was not easy and it was costly.  But all four of my kids, their wives, and the four grandchildren the older two have, came to my in law's 90th birthday party.  It was a financial and logistical challenge.  They are all back at home now, almost, my youngest and his wife either have just landed or are about to land.  My wife and I will drive back tomorrow morning.
Proud and Grateful
14 of these people are me, my wife, my kids, their spouses, and their kids.
We have prayed and taught them to honor their grandparents.  It was not always apparent that they were absorbing all of the things that we were attempting to teach them.  You may have had a similar experience with your kids.  But here was a time when it was obvious that they had taken something to heart.

Not only did they make the effort, and it is an effort to travel with two toddlers on a plane or in a car for 10 hours.  It is also an effort to arrange to get off when you are in residency, or to work extended hours on a project so you can come.  Not only did they come, they served.  They served by doing small things like mixing and pouring punch, keeping water and punch glasses filled, holding umbrellas for people to get in their cars, and all without being asked.

I know that it is not just our instruction that produces this result.  It is the work of Christ in each of their lives.  I am grateful to Him for answered prayer.

You may have noticed that this parent gig is not an easy one.

2 comments:

  1. Praise the lord for blessing you with a beautiful family! And kudos to you and your wife for working diligently and intentionally to leave a legacy of faith for your children and grandchildren. (Proverbs 20:7 comes to mind). - Ben Reid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben, I sure do not view myself that way. The credit goes completely to the Lord.

      Delete