Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, February 20, 2015

More on Rest

I have written on this before.  I am not wired to rest.  Out of the closet workaholic.  I am always on.  Thinking about what is next.  How to do something better.  Planning the next project.  A lot of what I do is ministry related.  There is no fee associated.  That is different than when I was consulting.  I could plan, financially.
More on Rest
One of the things that comes with being a faith based effort is rest.  Rest in the sense that I have to learn to rest in the Lord for the day.  When I have spent most of my adult life in project management and project controls, planning, that means that I have to, at some level not plan.

I can project resources.  I do it all of the time.  Intuitively I know when the resources are going to be gone.  But that is not what Matthew 6:34 commands me to do.  I am not to worry, plan, think about tomorrow.  I am supposed to live this day completely for the Lord and His kingdom.  Resting, trusting in Him for what is to come.

That is tough when unexpected expenses crop up, but it does not change Matthew 6:34, I checked, it still says do not worry about tomorrow.

It is tough for me to rest in that…

No comments:

Post a Comment