Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tool

At A&M all of us had nicknames, mine was Zilch, don’t ask.  One of the guys was Crowbar.  He was called that because it was the simplest tool…  That was not a fair representation of who he was or is for that matter…
Tool
When I engage in a trip like the one I am on now, there are a lot of folks who will make comments along the lines of what a spiritual giant I must be, but the reality is I am more of a crowbar, in the truest sense of that term.

I know that folks are sincerely praising what I am trying to do, I appreciate it, but my response is typically something along the lines of Luke 17:9 – 10.

This evening, its evening where I am, Isaiah 10:15 reinforced the way I feel about this privilege.  The axe, read crowbar, does not exalt itself over the one using it.  This is not about me.  It is not about me when I lead a Bible study or Sunday school class.  It is about the one who formed, called, gifted, and sent me.  The one using the crowbar is to be exalted, He is the one to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment