Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Difficult Questions

You ever get asked tough questions by your kids or someone you are helping in their Christian life?  How do you handle it?
Difficult Questions
Many people I know will begin to share what they think about the issue.  I am not sure that is the best way to proceed.  I really do not want my kids building their faith on what I think, nor do I want people I may be in a study with doing that either.

In a lot of cases the issue is something that I have struggled through.  In that case there will be one or several passages of Scripture that I have identified that help resolve the issue.  That being the case, I will suggest that we look at those passages together and talk about what they say.

If it is the case that it is a topic that I have not considered, then “I don’t know, but I will find out and get back to you.”  Is my go to answer.  I then go struggle through the issue which allows me to do what I said in the previous paragraph.

Bottom line, it does not matter what I know or what I think.  What matters is what God, in the Bible, says.  That is what I want to be the foundation of my kid’s faith.  The foundation of those others whom the Lord may give me the opportunity to encourage.

No comments:

Post a Comment