Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Faithfulness of the Enemy

Happens every time.  Getting ready for a mission, or a 10 week workshop, or some other project that has the potential to have an impact on the Kingdom, the enemy attacks.
The Faithfulness of the Enemy
The attacks take different forms, things break, flights get canceled, materials/luggage gets lost, connections overseas are not made, family issues surface at the last minute, arguments break out, finances get messed up, and an array of other schemes.  If it does not happen just before I leave, it happens to my wife while I am gone.

For example on one trip I made sure all the bills were paid and there was enough money in the bank to cover my wife’s needs while I was gone.  When I turned on my phone after landing back in the US, my phone nearly exploded with overdraft notices.  The bank had misapplied the deposit.  That took a week to clear up.

For this series of trips there has been another array of attacks.  Often I recognize what is happening.  There are many times I do not until after the event.  That happened tonight.  Something came up and it was not until afterwards that I recognized it as one of his schemes.

You are familiar with Ephesians 6:10 – 20, the armor of God passage.  You know that we are to be strong in the Lord so we can stand firm against the devil’s schemes.  Peter tells us in 1 Peter 5:8 that we are to be on constant alert.

It is not easy.  We get busy.  We get focused on the task at hand.  Then he strikes.  I have to be a better lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment