Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Breaking Evangelical Consumerism

For the sake of argument, let’s say that my thoughts yesterday and the day before are right.

Breaking Evangelical Consumerism

How would you go about breaking down, changing a church’s culture of consumerism?

I will share some of my thoughts, day after tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. 1) Keep feeding the meat of the Word myself and be willing to share and capable to pass on required skills;
    // I am growing in this thanks to the Prof's Synthetic Bible study messages and your example and encouragement.
    2) Be intentional in mentoring younger generation;
    // I've joined a group of younger folks who gather to pray weekly.
    3) If relevant, share with the pastor a different view on feeding the flock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got back in country and am able to respond. Great ideas. The genius of what you outlined is that you are demonstrating the right moves prior to sharing them with a pastor.

      Delete