Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Teaching the Wise

I have written about Proverbs 9.8 – 9 before, but it bears repeating, primarily because it does not happen enough in the Church.  We tend to live in tolerance and coexistence, to quote current bumper sticker theology.  As such we are hesitant to question, challenge, or confront those in our communities.
You ever go out of your way to invest in a wise person?  Thoughts at DTTB.
This afternoon, I did just that.  I met with a wise man whom I hold in high regard.  He had said something in my presence earlier this year in the midst of a group that, in my view, detracted from his overall message and effectiveness.  That statement was inconsistent with the rest of his approach to the Scripture.

This afternoon we met for about two hours, the time flew by.  We talked about a wide range of topics one of which was the statements he made that I found troubling.  I first affirmed him and then shared my concerns.  Afterwards I reiterated the esteem in which I hold this man.

He received the input with grace and understanding.  Perfectly modeling Proverbs 9:9.

That is the way we are supposed to interact as brothers.  That is how the Body is supposed to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment