Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Planning for God

I am a planner.  I am good at it.  I scheduled many multi-million dollar projects both as a member of a team and as a consultant.  So when I take on a project, I plan it.  I set deadlines, I list tasks that have to be accomplished, and I make lists of resources that have to be obtained.  I am good at it.
Planning for God
God is better.

He tends to think my plans and schedules are humorous.  Especially when it is one of His projects I am planning.

The current set of projects is no exception.  Proverbs as some things to say about my planning gift.  Look at:
  • Proverbs 16:1
  • Proverbs 16:9
  • Proverbs 19:21
  • Proverbs 20:5
It is evident that we are to plan.  We are to approach an assignment that the Lord gives seriously.  But it is also evident that we are to hold our plan with and open hand.  Ultimately it is God’s plan that will be followed.

So when my first translator does not come through and my fall back plan tells me that they cannot meet the deadline I set.  I have to choose to move my deadline or go with no translations.  It is still a possibility that the fall back plan will not come through.  In that case I have the Bible in that language.  I will dictate through the translator what I want the people to know.

Not ideal, not at least from my perspective, but it is not my perspective that matters.  Ultimately these are God’s projects for God’s people, I am just the very expendable messenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment