Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Faithful Comfort

I was really struggling this morning.  I was concerned about my attitude toward the trips I am taking in the next few months.  The thought had crossed my mind that I was gaining favor with God for doing this word.  That is not right.  Not even a little.  But the thought was there.  So I invested some time this morning praying through that attitude and asking the Lord to search me and make me who He wanted me to be.
Faithful Comfort
Then as I prayed through this my focus changed to all of the unknowns I will face in the next three and a half months.  I began to ask the Lord to help me trust Him for what I do not understand or see.  I then picked up my Bible and something happened that has happened more times than I can count…

For the past several years I have been using the morning and evening readings out of the Book of Common Prayer.  The copy I have is the 1789 version.  Typically I read either the morning or evening passages during my quiet times.  This year I have been reading both.

If you are like me you struggle with what is going on in your life from time to time.  That was what was happening this morning.

Like so many times before I wrote down in my journal the passages for the day and turned to the first one, Psalm 25.

Verse 1- “To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
Which is exactly what I had been doing in the time immediately before I opened my Bible.

Verse 2 – “O my God, in You I trust, do not let me be ashamed…
Which is the core of what I had been asking Him immediately before I opened my Bible.

Verse 4 – “Make me know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths…
Which… you guessed it.

It was if the Lord was telling me, "I have heard."

Great peace followed.

Tomorrow is another day, another struggle.  What I am learning is that when I bring my attitudes, even bad ones, and my anxiousness to Him, more times than not He comforts me through His Word.

I know He already knows and I do not know how in the heck He uses this book that was “approved” in 1789 to guide me to passages that deal with my issues in 2014, but he does.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment