Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, September 12, 2014

The Deep End

Last night during the Dads Teach the Bible workshop, we finished the book overview of 2 Peter and began the verse by verse analysis.  This week they are to do a chapter analysis.  I asked them to make observations on each verse and then summarize what they see.
In order to create need one has to push people beyond what they can do.  Thoughts at DTTB.
Not much else in terms of instruction.

It is kind of like throwing them in the deep end.  I know that they may struggle with this.  Next week we will do the same thing with chapter 2 but I will give them a lot more thing for which to look.  The struggle this week in the deep end will prepare them to want the tools I will give them next week.  At least that is the theory.  Further, that is the way it worked for me.  I quickly ran out of questions to ask the text.  I am trying to accelerate the process for them by throwing them in the deep end.

It seems to work.  At least it has the last 7 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment