Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, September 22, 2014

Depth and the Body

I have mentioned elsewhere in this Blog that I have spent a great deal of time in 2 Peter.  At one time I had the book memorized.  I use it in all of my workshops, so I have lost count of how many times I have read the book, must be in the hundreds, I won’t repeat all of the litany…
No matter how much time you invest in the Word, you will not hit bottom.  Thoughts at DTTB.
Sunday my friend who was leading our class in 2 Peter made and observation that in all of the times I have been through the book I missed.  After the hour, I showed him something that he had not seen that reinforced one of the points that he was making.  We needed each other’s eyes.

That is one of the major things about the Word of God that continues to completely blow all of my circuits.  I do not ever get a full handle on a book, and 2 Peter is only 61 verses.  Regardless of the amount of time you invest in digging through its text, you will never exhaust that mine.  Further, a new believer who has never read the book will see something that you have never seen.  That has happened to me more times than I can count.

About what other book can you say that?  What other book continually challenges you not only in knowledge but in life?

I know of no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment