Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Worship Who?

One of the things that Paul talks about is who to serve, whose favor to seek, one of the verses that is clearest on this is Galatians 1:10.
Whose approval are we seeking?  Is that who we really worship?  Thoughts at DTTB.
But the concept shows up other places, some really obvious, others more obscure.  Romans 1:25 is one that I saw just now.  The key phrase is, "worshipping the creature rather than the creator."

Is it not true that when we seek to please someone, we are in fact worshipping them?  In our relationships, all of them, it would seem that I should not be seeking the favor of the individual, but the favor of the one who created that individual.  That would change the way I approach all people.  It would put significant shoe leather to Paul’s exhortation in Philippians 2:3 – 11.

Additionally, if my goal is to please God in my dealings with people, to approach them on the basis of serving Him and His goals rather than mine.  It seems to me that I would always be successful in relationships.  I cannot hope to expect people to respond positively, but I can honor and serve God in the midst of the relationship regardless of how the other person responds.

No comments:

Post a Comment