Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, August 31, 2014

More I Am Learning

Yesterday I shared a couple of things I am learning through engaging in training others to study the Bible.  Here is one more.
A bit more of lessons learned.  Thoughts at DTTB.
  • A significant way to increase a person’s hunger for the Word is to set the table for them and then get out of the way.  What I mean by that is that if we give someone a portion of the Word of God, put that on the plate.  And then give them the tools to eat, how to make observations, what kinds of questions to ask of the text.  It is my experience that they will not only be able to eat, they will love it.  Our job as leaders is to get excited about what they find – really excited.  That will reinforce the experience and give them confidence in the process.

There is more learning, but I think I am going to stop there.

No comments:

Post a Comment