Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, July 7, 2014

Let It Go

You ever get blindsided with emotion?  Thoughts at DTTB.She looked to be about 12.  She had on a Disney Princess dress.  I think it was Anna’s, from Frozen, Elsa’s is nearly impossible to get I hear.  She was bald.  It was probably the chemo that did that.  She and her mom were pulling an IV tree with about five bags hung on it into the women’s bathroom on the 7th floor of the main building of MD Anderson.  I was walking down the hall toward’s the men’s room.  I began to weep.

I have two and a half granddaughters.  The third is due at the end of October.  The princess thing with Disney is big with both of the ones walking around.  The three year old can sing all of the words to “Let it Go” with all of Elsa’s hand and foot movements.  The one and a half year old sang the words, “let it goooooo,” before she talked.

I saw them with that tree.  My heart broke for that little girl and her family.  I am not Jesus.  But I get the compassion He felt for the brokenness of this life.  MD Anderson is a wonderful place.  But the number of people there getting treatment each day is overwhelming.  I have seen young couples seemingly newly married.  I have seen young women who dreamed of marriage and children.  I have seen people from all walks of life, more nations, more languages than I can count.

Cancer is a product of a fallen world.  It is an equal opportunity malady.  The only real cure will be the swift return of our Lord.

Come Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment