Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, June 2, 2014

Processing Anger

Yesterday I mentioned the value of anger.  It is valuable in that it reveals goals that we may have that are not Biblical, godly, or Christ like.
When you think about your anger, with whom or what are you really angry?  Thoughts at DTTB.
I was working through some issues I have with anger this morning.  I was journaling – by the way I have found that when I take the time to write issues out, it is much easier for the Lord to get my attention, it slows me down.  I was writing about that which I am angry, making a list…  In mid-sentence it struck me, to the point that I literally stopped writing – the focus of my anger was ultimately my God.  He is the one behind all of the events that have transpired in my life.  So if I am frustrated I am frustrated with God.  If I am angry, yes, it is with God I am angry.

Working through this I changed the direction of what I was writing in my journal and began to complain to the Lord that it was not easy, why did He make it so hard?  About halfway into that sentence, I got a strong reminder of what Jesus went through… He did not experience life as a cakewalk.  As I tried to work through this I saw images of the scourging and crucifixion of Christ.

He led me to Philippians 2:3 – 8; John 15:5; Romans 6:3 – 7, 12:1, 3; and Colossians 1:28 – 29 (see if you can work out the connection between those passages).

So the reality that is bearing down on me is that when I am angry, not only have I chosen to pursue a goal that is not Biblical, my anger is with God.  The assignment I thing I have from this morning is to empty myself of my demands of other people, situations, and organizations and serve them in Christ’s power, without expectation.

I do not really like all of God’s assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment