Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Taught of the Spirit

Have you ever been listening to a Christian message of some sort, it could be a sermon, a Sunday school class, or a conference, and it just was not connecting with you?  Or you may be struggling with what is being presented, have a different point of view than the speaker.  That has happened to me on a number of occasions.
When I do not get something out of a message, whose fault is that?  Thoughts at DTTB.
More times than not I will run into someone either immediately after the event, or soon thereafter who was immensely helped by what was said.  That has happened more times than I can count.

It reinforces two things for me.  First that although we are charged as teachers and leaders to handle the Word accurately, it is not the accuracy of how we handle the Word that gives it power.  That power lies in the fact that God has ordained it to do what He wants it to do (See yesterday’s post).  That does not let us off the hook for prep, it just reminds us where the credit goes.

Second, that unless the Holy Spirit is moving to teach a person, they are not going to learn.  If the Spirit is moving they are.  So the Spirit can take efforts that are not all that great and significantly bless a believer through what is shared.  He has done that with presentations I have made.

Third (this one is free) if I am not getting anything out of the event, I probably need to check and see if I am shutting the Spirit out.

No comments:

Post a Comment