Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, January 20, 2014

Purposed?

The last part of Psalm 17:3 is a challenge for me at the level of, “you have got to be kidding.”  When I read stuff like this in the Scripture my reaction is typically, “Right, there is no way.”
How do you do at making purposed resolutions?  Thoughts at DTTB.
About 48 seconds after I purpose to do anything spiritually challenging, I am usually tested to failure.  David, here claims that he purposed…  I am not sure based on his recorded history how successful he was with that “purpose.”  I will find out some day.

For me I find that there is no way that I can do what David did here successfully.  I need Christ to transform me.  As I said when I “purpose” I fail.  It is only as I trust Him, ask Him to transform me, admit my total dependence on Him that real change begins in my behavior.

I have tried all manner of schemes and gimmicks to purposefully manage my sin.  They do not work.  What works is admitting to Christ that I am a mess and asking Him, trusting Him to fix the mess.  Problem is I forget that from time to time and “purpose” like David did.  It never works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment