Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Recovery and Learning

I mentioned that last month I went to a country that is hostile to Christianity to help equip the members of an underground church to more effectively study the Bible.  It was a long 8 days.  It was completely engaging and completely exhilarating.  I came back tired but excited about what was accomplished.
When things go really well, what usually happens next?  Thoughts at DTTB.
I was surprised and a little disappointed that for the next week I was wiped out.  I figured it would not take that long to bounce back.  I was wrong.  It has also taken longer than a week.

I am not sure that I have fully recovered from the trip.  My time in the Word in terms of Bible study has been good.  However, meeting Christ in that time has been hard.  I do not know if it is because we stirred up those folks in the Word and the enemy is retaliating, or if I just am still emotionally drained.  Whatever it is I did not expect this.  I will be better armed next time.

That is one of the lessons I have learned over the years.  I have to be aware of how the enemy comes after me.  I have to guard against his schemes.  From time to time he throws me a curve ball.  I try to observe that and learn so I will be better armed the next time.

It is a good practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment