Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

Preparation

Tomorrow I am a guest speaker at a class at Oral Roberts University.  I will be talking about why Christian Educators need to teach people how to study the Bible.
If you were awakened in the middle of the night and asked to present your core message, could you do it?  Thoughts at DTTB.
This morning at breakfast a friend asked me if I was ready.  I told him, not yet.  Then in about 2 minutes outlined what I was going to say to the group.  We laughed.  I have shared this idea more times than I can count.  With individuals in the same restaurant in which my friend and I were sitting, in conferences 30 years ago, two weeks ago overseas, and in multiple workshops in the past five years.  I really cannot count the number of times.

So preparing to share my core message does not take a lot of time.  Nor does it take my friend long to share his.  Both of us can do it on a napkin or in the dirt.  It is what drives us.

Each believer has been designed for a message like that.  Ephesians 2:10 states it.  Psalm 139:13 – 16 describes the process.  One of our quests as believers is to find that message and live it out.

Problem is we have to be paying attention to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment