Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, September 23, 2013

Bible – Eat Fresh

One of the keys to Bible study is when you come to a passage you need to read it as if it were the first time.  This evening I was in Galatians.  Not sure how many times I have studied that book.  Probably around 10.  I have translated it from Greek to English and have a lot of it memorized.  So how do I eat Galatians fresh?
How can we study the Bible with fresh eyes?  Thoughts at DTTB.
I started with a blank Bible.  Well really a blank copy of the book.  I do all of my Bible study in my word processor.  So rather than open up my old Bible that is all marked up, or open one of the other studies I have done on my computer, or pull the Galatians file out of the file cabinet (I was doing Bible study before computers were available at home), I opened a fresh copy of my Galatians file and saved it as a new study.

I then read it through at one sitting.  I saw things that I have not seen before.

The point is that when you are diving into a book you need to start fresh, to borrow the phrase – eat fresh, each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment