Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

The Foundation of Praise

You ever have anxious moments?  I have been that way most of the morning.  I have a major trip starting tomorrow morning and up to this point I have been really calm, but for some reason I have been anxious all morning with the nagging feeling I am forgetting something.  I have been praying Philippians 4:6 – 7 but there was still that anxious prickling…
What is the basis of our praise of God?  Thoughts at DTTB.
Then I read Psalm 103 – it never ceases to amaze me how God’s Word engages with me exactly where and when I need it.  I noticed in the Psalm that the command was to bless the Lord, the command is repeated 6 times in my version.  I did not feel much like blessing anything…  Then verse 19 re-caged my gyros.  19 gives the foundation for our praise, our blessing of God.  He is sovereign over all.  My long layovers, my un-translated materials, whether I will be able to complete what I need to complete in time, all of the meetings next week, whether all of the team arrives in time, He is sovereign over all of that.

The reason I can bless Him, praise Him, rest in Him is that regardless of my effort, He is in control.  Sometimes I forget that and need His gentle reminder.  That is what He did for me this morning in Psalm 103.

No comments:

Post a Comment