Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, August 19, 2013

Self Boasting

For me one indication that someone in the Christian arena may be a fraud is self promotion.  I wrote about this about a year ago.  I am not sure why it steams my grits so much, but it does…
As believers about what should we boast?  Thoughts at DTTB.
A couple of days ago I read Isaiah 10:15 – 16.  It reinforces some of my distaste of self promotion.  What is clear to me is that whatever we may accomplish or do for our Lord, is done with the gifts and abilities with which He has bestowed.  Further it is through His work that we have whatever audience we have.  We are His tools, He uses us, ultimately it is not because of our great gifts that we do well or not.  It is because of His work in and through our life.

This theme is throughout the Bible.  It starts way before this passage in Isaiah and continues through the New Testament.  Paul repeats it in 1 Corinthians 4:7.  Jesus, quoted by Luke in Luke 17:9 – 10 echoes the theme.  If we accomplish anything for the Kingdom, we are just doing what we are supposed to be doing and doing it with the gifts and abilities we have been given and through the strength of the Spirit.

Why would we promote ourselves?  It is Christ whom we should be promoting, is it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment