Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sacrifice of Fools

Yesterday we looked at the first part of Ecclesiastes 5:1.  Today Look at the second part.  Reading this I was abruptly stopped by the notion of “offering the sacrifice of fools”.  I really do not want to do that.  A couple of weeks ago in our Sunday School class we looked at Jephthah in Judges 11 – 12.  It is a difficult passage; Jephthah makes a stupid vow and ends up making a foolish sacrifice.  It is a hard read.
Sometimes I come to the Lord with foolishness.  Thoughts at DTTB.
If you compare Jepthah’s behavior to Ecclesiastes 5:1 you will see that he did not guard his steps or his mouth.

Many times I have come to the Lord with my agenda.  With what I thought I needed to do, or better what He needed to help me accomplish.  I forget in the midst of a busy schedule of spiritual endeavors that this is His deal not mine.  I come to Him demanding and expecting Him to join into and make my plans work out the way I want them to.  That to put it in the vernacular is bassackwards.  Or to put it into Solomon’s more cultured language a foolish sacrifice.

I would be a much better servant to come with my plans in an open hand, or even better coming empty handed and asking for His plan.  That may minimize my foolish sacrifices.

No comments:

Post a Comment