Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, July 1, 2013

Waiting for Assets

We are in the middle of an interminably long process of moving my wife's old retirement savings plans to an IRA over which we will have more control.  We figure when the weight of the paperwork equals the weight of the assets that are to be transferred we will be close to done.
Often we do not wait for what we need.  Thoughts at DTTB.
I was on the phone with them this morning to check the status of the transactions.  The agent told me that one of the companies had sent the assets but we were waiting for the assets from the other one.

That terminology has stuck with me all day.  As believers we receive power as an asset from the Holy Spirit.  Jesus told the 12 they were to wait for that asset, Luke 24:49 and Acts 1:8.  Another asset we have is the Gospel.  Paul calls it the power of God, Romans 1:16.  Still another is the Word of God, 1 Corinthians 5:18 and Ephesians 6:17.  The last asset I think of is one another, the passage that demonstrates this most clearly to me is Colossians 3:9 – 16.

It occurs to me as I think about this that ofttimes I engage in life or “endeavors for the Lord” without waiting for the proper assets.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a photo for a book of poetry I will be publishing and was struck by this one. Is it possible to get permission to use it? The publisher is a small one and the sales will likely be tiny, but if the photo is available I would be willing to pay a modest fee for its use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not own the rights. I am using this from the web for no commercial purpose. I do not know who owns it. Use it in a picture search on google and you may be able to determine ownership.

      Delete