Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mom

Today is my mom’s 87th birthday.  She is celebrating with the Lord and has been for the past nine years.  It does not seem possible it has been that long.
Some people impact us in ways that leave a permanent mark.  Thoughts at DTTB.
Mom loved the Lord.  She came to him later in life through a journey that took her through some churches that did not serve her well in understanding the grace of God.  She finally met him through her time in Bible Study Fellowship.  She dug deep into the Word there and became a leader in that group.

She preceded me in effective faith.  As I was graduating from college she and a group of her friends began to pray for me and the direction of my life.  As a result my plans were radically changed and rather than have six months to party, I reported to Craig Air Force Base in Selma, Alabama the day after I graduated.  It was there that I was introduced to the Lord through Bible study in the BOQ.  Shortly after that I met my wife in Auburn and we married and joined the staff of a Christian organization.

Mom was loved by all that knew her.  People still stop me in Huntsville and tell me how much she impacted them.  Her faith and prayer impacted my life and the life of my family.

I am blessed to be her son.

No comments:

Post a Comment