Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Get it Straight

Issue
Last week I had several conversations with men about an issues that I feel Biblically is of great importance.  I had been given some information from a source that I trust implicitly.  Receiving that information was one of the events that led to me picking up the phone.
We need to get our facts straight before we dive into an issue...  Thoughts at DTTB.
Research
Before I talked to these men I made another phone appointment to validate the information that I had received.  It was important not to engage in these conversations with second hand information, even though I trusted the source.  So I talked to the individual who was directly involved.  I am glad I did.  While the basic information I received was correct the individual who told my friend was more upset than the person with whom I talked.  I learned a different perspective, and it changed radically my approach to the conversations I had scheduled.

Lesson
Many times, unfortunately, I have not checked out information for myself.  I have just run with what I was told.  Not a good plan.  People, even godly, engaged people do not always present things that happen or issues that concern them in full light.  By God’s grace, I got the straight story before I acted.  I pray that the lesson will not be lost on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment