Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, July 22, 2013

Established and Protected

Working through Psalm 119:129 – 136 this morning I saw some things in verse 133 that challenged me a bit.
Without help I am pretty much helpless... Thoughts at DTTB.
The first phrase, “Establish my footsteps in Thy word,” reminds me that I cannot be established in God’s Word apart from His work in my life.  Does not matter how much time I invest.  How much I read.  If He does not establish me I will not learn anything.

The second phrase, “And do not let any iniquity have dominion over me,” reminds me that like the Lord’s prayer in Matthew 6:9 – 13, I am pretty much helpless in the face of sin unless the Lord enables me to withstand it.

As a man I like to think I am able to stand on my own, independent, a warrior for the cause.  But the Word tells of a much different reality.  I am completely dependent on my Lord, not only to learn of Him in His Word, but to stand against the continual onslaught of temptation that this world throws at me daily.

I cannot do this on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment