Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cleaning

So this is not going to be very spiritual or Biblical unless you buy into that old cleanliness is next to godliness thing.  For the past several days my wife and I have been cleaning our house in preparation for my son’s wedding next weekend.  The relatives are coming.  So my wife has us doing a “deep” clean.
Sometimes it just takes a lot of time to live...  Thoughts at DTTB.
Part of that “deep” clean was to have the carpets steam cleaned this morning.  So last night we moved all of the furniture and this morning they came and “deep” cleaned the carpets.  Before we reassemble all we have to wait for the last moisture to leave.  So I am sitting in a folding chair at my desk which is covered with more junk than it usually is.

You know the chair mats that you put behind your desk?  The ones with the lifetime warranty that fall apart in six months?  Having finally had it with those while the office is wrecked I am building a 5/8” thick wooden one, maybe it will last seven months.  I have cut it to fit, glued ¼ round to the edges, sanded, and stained it, and will put the first coat of polyurethane on it in about thirty minutes.

I am not ready for my two Bible studies tomorrow.  I am behind in planning the mission trip for August.  I need to finish writing up the description of the training I will be doing in November…  and I am waiting for the carpet to dry.

I guess the point is that sometimes life interferes with our doing what we feel called to do…  As my buddy Chuck, who responds to these from time to time, says, “It takes a lot of time to live.”

No comments:

Post a Comment