Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Birthdays

Today is the nation’s birthday.  It is also mine.  I know four other people that have birthdays today as well.  Two of them are father and son.  A few other folks share it with us.  For the longest time – well until I was about six, I thought this thing we do today was all about me.  I know better now.  At least about this birthday thing.
It is several people's birthday today...  Thoughts at DTTB.
Not so much about the Christian life.  I am still learning that this is His story not mine.  Salvation was for his glory.  What He does is a reflection of his majesty.  I forget that.  I want, demand, Him to give me presents (read answered prayer).  If you have read the Harry Potter books, sometimes I act like Dudley Dursley, counting my presents and making sure that I got more than the year before.  Otherwise like Dudley I am prone to pout and throw a fit.  I need constant reminders…

This is not about me.

1 comment:

  1. Every once in a while I am reminded of this rather forcefully (and frightfully apart from exceeding Grace) that "I am the Yahweh, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another...." (Isaiah 42:8) I believe I heard "will not!"

    But then there is also Isaiah 49:3, "He said to Me, 'You are My Servant, Israel, In Whom I will show My glory.'" In light of N.T. revelation that's us who follow Him. This may be even more amazing.

    ReplyDelete