Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tempus Fugit Again

A New Thought
I try not to repeat myself here but I was just about to, then I checked and found I had used this title once before.  But this thought is a different emphasis than that.
Have you noticed the years going by more quickly?  Thoughts at DTTB.
Halftime
You realize that the year is half gone?  In Trinidad they are starting to put up Christmas decorations.  The Trini’s really get into Christmas; they focus on it for about 120 days.  If, like me, you are over 60, you have noticed that the years are going by faster and faster.  It seemed like a couple of days ago that we were on January 1.

Admonition
Psalm 90:12 tells us that we are to number our days.  I think that means that we are to live with a sense of urgency.  Ephesians 5:15 reinforces that notion.

Purpose
We have been given gifts.  We have been given abilities.  God has guided our lives so that we can do the work for which He designed us, Ephesians 2:10.  Many of us are putting off our contribution until we have more time, or thinking that we will really hit it in the second half of our lives.  While that is an attractive thought, not sure that I can validate that approach to life in the Bible.  Matthew 6:33 tells me I am to seek FIRST His kingdom (Emphasis added).  Proverbs 3:9 tells me I am to honor the Lord with the first fruits.  I take that to mean my time as well.

Excuses
What are we putting off doing for Christ?  Why?  What makes us think there is time to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment