Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Loaves

Overwhelming Gifts
At some level this is a continuation of some thoughts from a couple of days ago.  The Lord has overwhelmingly answered a number of prayers in the past week.  To say that I am thankful does not quite capture it.  The magnitude of His gifts have forced me to face something that I probably should have faced long ago.  Do I follow Christ for what He can do for me or because I am in love with Him and cannot live apart from an intimate connection to Him?
Why am I following Him?  Thoughts at DTTB.
Strong Rebuke
That is what John 6:22 – 71 is about.  You know the story Christ feed the multitude and they want to make Him king.  He leaves them and they come to find Him.  In verse 26 He calls them out. “…you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves, and were filled.”  I have to ask, is that why I am following Christ?  Because He lavishly answers my prayer?

Deplorable Motive
Christ is the radiant image of God.  He is the one who in Revelation 5 is in control of the end of the World.  The World, by the way, which He created and holds together.  He chose to come here, to empty Himself, in order to enter into an eternal relationship with me.  But, what excites me is a loaf?

No comments:

Post a Comment