Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, June 27, 2013

High Point

Relief
Today was the culmination of many years and prayers.  I got some news that touched me so deeply that for it I have no real words.  The relief was such that I literally wept for joy.  There was such a release of inner anxiety that I did not realize was there - I was surprised by my reaction.
I learned something about myself today... Thoughts at DTTB.
Wonder
As I have thought through the day and my response, I wonder what to what else I am holding so tightly.  I thought that I had given this matter over completely to The Lord.  But my reaction suggests to me that I was still holding on - for what I do not know.  For there was literally nothing  I could do in this particular situation to affect any outcome.  It was totally and completely out of my control.

Realization
It occurs to me that all about which I am concerned pretty much falls in the same category, I have no control and cannot really affect any outcome.  The overwhelming peace I experienced this afternoon - well I want more of that.  My prayer has become that The Lord in His grace will help me to ferret out what else I am still holding and show me how to release that to Him in a way that gives me that level of peace.

Deficient
This has been a great day for a different reason than the news.  I was instructed by my reaction.  It revealed the shallowness of my real trust in God.

2 comments:

  1. I've been schooled on that same subject a lot, lately. Trust vs. Control. Failed the exam.

    ReplyDelete