Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Life Happens

This morning did not go as planned.  I spent about an hour on the phone with the internet provider because my email quit working yet again.  There was a call to a creditor about an account that was not behaving as I thought it should, discovered a problem that will have to be sorted out.  Before I turned around the morning was gone.
How are we to handle unexpected interruptions to our excellent plans?
When that happens to me, my frustration level goes off of the chart.  I have to remember that God is sovereign over all of those events.  None of the events that took me off plan this morning were a surprise to Him.  They were just more ways in which I can learn to trust Him.  I sometimes, like this morning, do not remember that until after the event.  The people with whom I had to deal were important.  In the midst of the frustrating circumstances I am required to treat those folks as image bearers of Christ.  That is the assignment.  Ofttimes I do not pass very well.  I need to remember that the person is more important than my problem and that God has me there for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment