Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

More on the Turns

Yesterday, I wrote about the tendency for us to drift off the road on our Christian Journey.  I have a couple of more thoughts about that.
In order to stay between the lines in our Christian journey we need to stay between the index and maps.
This morning I was reading through Jeremiah 23 - if you have not read Jeremiah lately, you might want to; I am finding it eerily relevant to this current age.  I was drawn to Jeremiah 23:36.  One of the things that will cause us to spin out on this journey is beginning to rely more on our thoughts or the thoughts of others whom we respect more than we do God's Word.  Or we get to the point that we feel like we understand all we need to know about the Bible.  Thinking, "I read or studied that passage before, I do not need to do that again."

If we are not continually returning to to the Word for ourselves, and pushing ourselves to go deeper than we have, it is not a matter of if but when we drift off course.

No comments:

Post a Comment