Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Truth about Nothing

John 5:20 is a challenge to me.  If it is true that we are to follow Christ that we are to imitate Him, as Paul did and exhorts us in 1 Corinthians 11:1; then John 5:20 is my charge as well.  Further when we look at the familiar passage John 15:5 we see that apart from Christ we can do nothing.  We are commanded in John 15:5 to abide in Christ.  It looks to me, connecting the dots between, John 5:20 and John 15:5 that part of abiding must be to seek God’s will continually in all that I do as Christ did.
We do not want to accomplish nothing with our lives.  We do not want to leave a blank canvas...
We want our lives to count.  At least most of the folks I know want that.  What seems to be emerging here is a reality that says anything done apart from the will of God, apart from abiding in Christ, is essentially doing nothing.

I have done a lot of nothing in my life.  Even today.  Not interested in perpetuating that waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment