Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Beginnings

Yesterday one year ended.  Today one begins.  It is thought that we start over with a clean slate to make of the year what we will.  You and I both know that is not the case.  The challenges we faced yesterday are still with us.  But it is the case that times of transition are good times to reflect and move toward change in our lives.
Instead of resolutions, what new beginning can we make for this new year?
I am not a proponent of New Year’s resolutions.  They set us up for failure.  I am a proponent of new beginnings.  I might suggest one for you to consider.  Take a minute to read Revelation 19:11-16, 1 Thessalonians 5:13 – 18, and 2 Peter 3:8 – 13.

The key thought in those passages for me is 2 Peter 3:11.  The beginning I would suggest is to begin to live in light of the reality of Christ’s return.  To daily ask the question Peter suggests and Paul reinforces in Ephesians 4:1, Colossians 1:10, and 1 Thessalonians 2:12 that we walk worthy of our calling, our Lord, and our God.

That would be a good beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment