Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sovereignty

One of the more impactful studies I have done over the years both personally and with men one on one, is a study on the Sovereignty of God.  A key study, it is really never really finished.  One continues to see different aspects of how God’s sovereignty is expressed, assuming one stays plugged into the Scriptures.
Though He cursed the ground, He still holds all of it together and is involved in what happens to it...
This morning was one of those moments for me.  I was reading in Psalm 65:6, David says in the first part of the verse that the mountains are established by God’s strength.  If you know me you know I love backpacking in the mountains, high in the mountains.  So these types of passages draw me.  My first response was to reflect on some of my favorite places, the Bridger National Wilderness.  I was thinking through how that place, those mountains reflect the glory and strength of God.  Then a couple of other verses came to mind.

Colossians 1:17 tells us that Christ holds all of this together.  Each rock, each snowflake, each shrub is held in place by Christ, each movement under His control.  Then I recalled in Genesis 3:17 that as a result of Adam’s disobedience God cursed the ground.  That curse would include the mountains.

“Wait a minute.”  I thought.  That would mean that God through Christ is holding together the ground that He cursed.  The more I thought about that both the more it made sense and the more overwhelming it became.  God created all of what we see in the World.  He is responsible for its state.  He held it together before He cursed it, He holds it together now.  All that happens in and to it, He controls.  Nothing can be done to the ground, the earth, without His involvement.

Consider the implications of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment